- Grade 10, 11& 12 learners who feel they will benefit from smaller classes and more personal attention than mainstream schools are able to offer.
- Both academically gifted and underachieving students who feel they are getting lost in the crowd and will benefit from smaller classes.
- Learners who want to take responsibility for their futures, which are looking for a positive and secure education environment where they can be at ease and enjoy their schooling in a supportive environment.
- Post matric students who want to improve their results or correct a subject choice to follow specific careers.
- Learners who want to be treated as young adults in an environment of mutual respect and accept self-accountability.
- The college ONLY accepts students who want to come to the college by their own choice (not due to expulsion from elsewhere) and are prepared to commit themselves to giving of their personal best without comparison to other learners.
It must be noted that the Hill College is a mainstream academic school.